Award: 1 Michelin star in the 2019 announcement
Chef: Heinz Beck is a German-born, three-Michelin starred chef, and a founder of The Order of the Knights of Italian Cuisine. Beck spent his early culinary history cooking in restaurants such as Tantris in Munich, Tristán in Mallorca and Resident Heinz Winkler in Aschau, Germany.
Beck came to the Rome restaurant La Pergola in 1994, and became executive chef at the restaurant. La Pergola is one of the best restaurants in Italy, and has 3 Michelin stars.
Between 2009 and 2013, Beck ran the restaurant Apsley’s, A Heinz Beck restaurant in London, which received a Michelin star.
In April 2018, Beck opened a new restaurant inside the Brown’s Hotel in London.
Beck is a prolific restaurateur:
- La Pergola – Rome – Michelin since November 2005
- Café Les Pailotes – Pescara (Italy) – Michelin since 2009
- Heinz Beck Seasons at Castello di Fighine – San Casciano dei Bagni (Siena) – Michelin since 2013
- Gusto by Heinz Beck at Conrad Algarve – Portugal
- Social by Heinz Beck at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah – Dubai
- Heinz Beck and Sensi by Heinz Beck – Tokyo
- Taste of Italy by Heinz Beck – Dubai
- The St George Restaurant by Heinz Beck – Taormina (Sicily) – Michelin since 2019
Visit: 9 September 2018, dinner for two.
Review: When we visited, the experience was so good we predicted that the restaurant would soon be awarded a Michelin star! Michelin obviously agreed and awarded them 1 star in the 2019 announcement. They serve classical Sicilian and Mediterranean dishes in a refined way. The service and food are exciting and exceptional. The outside dining terrace is idyllic.
If you are in Taormina, go!
The menu and food: